The Shapiro Files

Monday, March 07, 2005

Meeting Malena

On Saturday, Marcie and I drove to Santa Cruz with Lisha B. and Tami to meet Malena, new daughter of Ken and Lisha E. See the photos.

Other weekend highlights included:
  • Going to Chelokababi restaurant (I call it "Chewbacca's") and Marcie ordering a shish kabob, only to get served what must have been either rancid meat or lamb

  • Celebrating our niece Kaylie's second birthday and watching a group of adults struggle endlessly with trying to get her new toys out of their boxes ("It's like breaking out of prison!" Marcie's father Sherwin exclaimed at one point)

  • Watching two movies from Netflix: I ♥ Huckabees (I liked it, Marcie didn't) and City of God (one of the best new movies I've seen in years)
There's one more highlight, but I'm saving it for later this week for when I officially announce this blog to friends and family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home