The Shapiro Files

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Official: I'm Now a Regular Columnist for POP

Last month I shared the news that Parenting on the Peninsula (POP) published an article I wrote about our ill-fated family vacation to Disneyland. At the time, I thought my time as a professional columnist was just a one-shot deal. But I'm pleased to announce that I have since been asked to take over POP's popular "Father Knows Best?" column beginning this month.

As the column's title suggests, every month, I'll be taking a tongue-in-cheek look at parenting from a father's perspective. My first column is a look back at Melody's disastrous third-year birthday party called "Falling Fruit and Freezing Friends." Yes, I'll admit that I can never resist the allure of an alliterative title. The piece was just published last week and you can read it here.

Stay tuned for more schtick and silliness in the months to come.

By the way, if you live the Bay Area, you can find physical copies of POP at countless cafes, libraries, and shopping centers. But whether local or not, you can download the entire January issue in PDF format. Note: it's a big file (11MB).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home