The Shapiro Files

Saturday, December 04, 2010

'Tis the Season for Tim Rivers

Every year during the holiday season, I like to pay tribute to Tim Rivers, a very dear friend who left us far too early. For those you who never knew this incredibly talented and generous person, I hope you'll take the time to read the tribute I posted to my blog a few years ago.

I also strongly encourage you to check out A Tim Rivers Collection, a compilation of Tim's very impressive holiday recordings and a few other goodies. My tribute has the whole history of those recordings and how I was fortunate enough to produce a couple of them myself. The recordings feature Tim singing four-part a-cappella arrangements achieved through magic of multi-track recording technology. Even more impressive was that all the recordings were from the ‘80s/early ‘90s, meaning there was no pitch correction available and I don’t believe he even a used a click track to keep time (he certainly didn’t for our recordings).

Again, I hope you'll take a listen. You can download anything you like for free. Lots of great options for adding to your holiday music playlists! As I said when I first made his music available several years ago, I felt making these recordings available to as many people as possible was the least I could do to pay tribute to someone who had such a big impact on my life and on countless others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home