The Shapiro Files

Friday, March 25, 2005

If I Wrote for David Letterman

If I were on the writing staff of Late Show with David Letterman, this would have been my submission for a monologue joke:
As you know, Wendy's restaurant has been having a tough time lately and apparently it's getting worse. Just today, their corporate headquarters received a very serious complaint from an angry customer who said that when she placed her order, a very rude employee behind the counter gave her the finger.

4 Comments:

  • Steve-

    I laughed, I cried, I vomitted...It was better than Cats :)

    After reading that article...I will continue to not eat Wendy's food...wow!

    Bradley

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 3/26/2005 5:54 AM  

  • I would also add to your monologue...

    "This gives a whole new meaning to finger food."

    or

    "Upon asking the Wendy's employee what was in the Chili, a customer requested that the employee SWEAR that the meat was all natural. The employee replied, "I swear." The customer then wanted more...PINKY SWEAR!"

    :)

    Bradley

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 3/26/2005 6:01 AM  

  • You guys are making me hysterical!!!

    Stop already!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2005 9:38 AM  

  • It looks like Brad and I are on a roll. Of course, if we were literally on a roll, then I guess Wendy's would have yet another menu item!

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 3/27/2005 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home