The Shapiro Files

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Melody Photos for the Impatient

Those of you who have been kind enough to regularly visit this blog over the past year know that I like posting online photo albums featuring Melody at key developmental milestones (two weeks, two months, six months, etc.). By spreading out publication of the albums in this way, it makes each new publication a special event (not to mention it gives me a manageable reproducible pattern I can follow with our future children!) and also gives me self-imposed deadlines for selecting and processing photos. And what I mean by “processing” is that I color-correct, crop, and generally “tweak” all photos in Photoshop before including them in the albums. This way, photos are optimized for online viewing and allows me to improve upon my otherwise mediocre photography skills. This takes quite some time to do, which is yet another reason I like spreading out the albums.

However, my brother Daniel and other family members have said that I need to make photos available more regularly. So I finally gave in and created a new Shutterfly photo album to appease the impatient. For the most part, photos uploaded to this new album will be raw unedited images and you’ll find many more photos there than will likely end up in the official albums. I’ll be uploading new photos roughly once a week (or whenever I have a new batch of photos) and will always put the newest ones at the beginning of the album. So if you start from page 1 and work your way to the end, you’ll see Melody getting smaller and smaller as you go along!

So for anyone who just can’t get enough Melody photos, bookmark this page and check back often.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks! She's adorable!

    By Blogger Irina Tsukerman, at 5/08/2006 12:42 PM  

  • Thank you! Of course, I can't take any credit for Melody's cuteness, as all her "adorableness" comes from her mother! :)

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 5/08/2006 1:58 PM  

  • Thanks, Steve.

    The photos are just wonderful!!!

    We appreciate being able to kvell from afar!!

    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2006 9:47 PM  

  • Stephen,

    Not making the public wait for updated pictures is an act of brilliance. I am proud to be the catalyst for this.

    - Tu hermano

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2006 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home