The Shapiro Files

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Whoops: One Year Blogiversary Come and Gone

The title of this entry says it all: I completely missed The Shapiro File's first anniversary. On a whim, I launched this blog on March 3, 2005 while posting comments to a friend's blog. In the process, I realized this would be a good way to keep friends and family in the loop on the then-unannounced future Baby Shapiro and other events in my life.

One year later, it's fun looking through my archives to recall the ups and downs (mostly ups) of performing in The Last Night of Ballyhoo and my experience acting in an ultra-low-budget short independent film, Nightmares on Film Street. And then of course, the focus of the blog changed pretty dramatically as I got nearer to parenthood. From Melody's arrival forward, the entries increasingly began reflecting life from someone who spends the majority of their time at home (baby photos, DVD movie reviews, etc.) but is more than happy to be so "homebound" with such a wonderful little baby girl!

Besides having a convenient place to capture my reflections for the past year, this blog has also been a great way to catch up with people with whom I've haven't spoken in quite some time. Now any time I meet up with someone for the first time in while, whenever they ask "What have you been up to lately?" I can simply point them toward this blog. This makes a perfect compliment to my website, which covers a bigger chunk of my life but only in a simplified wide-sweeping sort of way (good for reconnecting with people after years of being out of touch).

Also, a special thank you to all of you kind souls who regularly check in and leave comments (Brad and Irina both get the "Gold Shapiro Award"). It's nice to know I'm not writing in a vacuum!

So here's to a great year of kvelling, kvetching, and kibbutzing and to more to come!

7 Comments:

  • Happy Blogiversary! Mazal Tov! : )

    By Blogger Irina Tsukerman, at 3/16/2006 12:15 PM  

  • I tried "writing in a vacuum" once. It sucked.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 11:18 PM  

  • Hi Steve:

    Congrats on your Blogiversary!

    As a regular reader, ( I check every day) I want you to know how much it means to us here in the Midwest to keep tabs on our CA relatives! It's keeps us close, and makes us feel a part of your lives.....even though we are so far apart.

    Thanks, and love to everyone!

    Aunt Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2006 10:58 AM  

  • Irina, thanks for the warm wishes!

    Michael, you're very punny! By the way, are the Michael I think you are (Michael P.), or are you a new Michael to visit the Shapiro Files? If so, welcome!

    Aunt Linda, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm honored to be the family's Midwest/West Coast connection! I didn't realize you were also such a regular reader. I think that like Brad and Irina, you also deserve a "Golden Shapiro" award (whatever that might be)! :)

    -Steve

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 3/19/2006 4:38 PM  

  • I would like to thank my mom...and the academy...and corn pops...

    Thanks for the Golden Shapiro :)

    Happy Anniversary...mine is in 3 days! :)


    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 3/19/2006 10:28 PM  

  • Irina, Brad, and Aunt Linda,

    More than just a symbolic gesture, I think you all deserve an actual trophy. So here's your Golden Shapiro award.

    Enjoy!

    -Steve

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 3/20/2006 4:27 PM  

  • Many thanks for the Golden Shapiro award! I will have to figure out a way to put it on my mantle! (Oy....I don't HAVE a mantle!!)

    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/24/2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home