The Shapiro Files

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Catching Up

For those of you who are always so kind to check my blog regularly, I have to apologize for yet another large gap between postings. Upon returning from Florida (more on this in just a moment), I entered one of my regular crazy-busy times at works — I usually have one of these every couple of months (sometimes more frequently). During such times, I often end up working pretty late at home (after Melody goes to sleep) to keep on top of my workload and this tends to take away from my usual evening blog writing time. But at last, things seem to be getting back to normal and I can finally return to posting regular entries (such as this one) again.

So first of all, I wanted to thank everyone who posted such kind comments to my Feb. 3 entry in tribute to Grandma Sophie. I flew to Florida early the next morning to attend her services and be with my family. On Monday morning, I was able to quickly get online at the West Palm Beach Airport just before boarding my flight and was very touched to find your comments. Thank you again for your warm wishes and the comfort they provided.

As I mentioned in my response to your comments, Grandma Sophie would have been thrilled to know her family were all together. So although it was a terribly sad occasion, it was really wonderful to see my extended family again.



The cousins (from left to right): Bonnie, Jonathan, Donna, Andrew, Greg, and me.

3 Comments:

  • I missed your posts :)

    Special post today at the Egel Nest! :)


    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 2/27/2006 7:26 AM  

  • Hi Steve:

    Glad to see you back on here!

    I have been checking regularly!! :)

    Uncle Shelly was just here, and brought us the wonderful CD you made! It is truly a masterpiece! Thanks so much!!!

    Love,
    Aunt Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 10:16 AM  

  • Brad, Marcie and I both sent you emails. Again, congratulations on the huge news! Very exciting!!

    Aunt Linda, I'm so glad you enjoyed the CD. I ran off two versions: one with bonus tracks and one without. I hope you got the version with the extra material (including the "hidden blooper track" at the end of the CD). If you didn't, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

    I'm still hoping to get all the songs posted online so anyone--whether friends, family, or congregants--can easily access the recordings. I'm about two months overdue already! Hopefully soon! :)

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 2/28/2006 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home