The Shapiro Files

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Oy Bidet

A few posts ago, I related Marcie’s and my adventure of almost putting an offer on a home in Sunnyvale, whose defining feature was a Koi pond in the backyard. Well, last week we found another home we also liked very much — so much, in fact, that we actually did put an offer on it. It was a lovely three-bedroom home with a fourth bonus room (technically a den, because it doesn’t have a closet) that would be perfect as a combination music studio/Life Visions Video office. The extra room even had an additional outdoor-access entrance we could have used for client visits. The whole house was kept very well up-to-date and I was pleased to learn there were Ethernet ports in every room (fed through a very nice full-access voice/data panel in the entryway coat closet). But just as the Koi pond in that other house was a little foreign to us, this house also had an unfamiliar feature: a bidet in the master bathroom. Although I’ve always thought that the idea of a bidet was an excellent one, I’ve never actually had any experience with that particular appliance. I realized that if our offer on the house was accepted, I’d have to go online to find instructions on how to operate it. Of course, knowing the nature of the Internet, I can only imagine what other odd and disturbing things would also appear in those search results!

But alas, in the end, we were pretty significantly outbid and didn’t get the house. We were extremely disappointed and now the home search continues. On the plus side, at least I won’t have to worry about getting bidet instructions now.

2 Comments:

  • Bidet it's a good idea for personal hygiene. I have BIDAn Turbo, for example, with warm water and warm air.

    By Blogger Serge Ter, at 5/28/2006 4:06 AM  

  • Ser Ter,

    Welcome to The Shapiro Files! I completely agree with the hygienic benefits of bidets. It's too bad they've never caught on in the U.S. like they have in Europe and other parts of the world.

    Thanks for stopping and I hope you'll swing by again!

    -Steve

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 5/30/2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home