The Shapiro Files

Monday, July 10, 2006

Celebrations, Crazy Squirrels, and Clapping Hands

One of the problems with getting behind in my blog writing is having a huge backlog of things to write about when I finally get time to post a new entry. So while much of what Marcie, Melody, and I have been up to lately can easily warrant several new blog entries, I’ll have to resign myself to the following bulleted list of highlights from the past few weeks if I’m ever going to get caught up!:

  • Celebrated my first Father’s Day
  • Melody enjoyed a visit from her adorable cousin Sarah (daughter of my brother Dan and his wife Kim)
  • Melody had another visit the following weekend by new friend Michael (son of my high school friend Michelle and her husband Mike)
  • Melody celebrated her first Independence Day at her grandparents’ house with all of her Lewis family cousins
  • We attended a party for Dreyton, son of our friends Adeline and Chris
  • We attended a baby naming for Natalie, daughter of our friends Stephanie and Peter
  • I woke up one morning to find that squirrels (or possibly a raccoon) ate almost all the beautiful inpatients I had planted in our backyard a couple of months earlier (very devastating!)
  • Just today, Melody acquired a brand-new “trick”: clapping her hands!
I’m just as behind in my photo uploading/posting activities, but here are a few relatively new ones that I’ve managed to get online (click on a picture for a larger image):


Melody and her proud papa on his first Father’s Day


Sarah pays Melody a visit


Tag, you’re it!

5 Comments:

  • Adorable photos! Especially the top one... she looks just like you! : )

    By Blogger Irina Tsukerman, at 7/11/2006 2:40 PM  

  • Irina, thanks for the kind words! Everyone says how much Melody looks like me. It's a little weird to have a miniature version of me (especially a girl!), but I'm just relieved that somehow my face manages to actually look cute on her! Too bad the same can't be said for how it looks on me! :)

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 7/11/2006 3:19 PM  

  • How cute! hey Steve, you know by the time she grows up, mullets may be back in style ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2006 7:37 AM  

  • Hi Steve:

    Thanks for updating us on all your latest doings. We like to keep informed, you know!

    Love the pictures. The one of you and Melody is especially adorable! Hope you had a GREAT Father's Day!!

    Love to everyone!
    Aunt Linda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2006 10:54 AM  

  • Cous -

    The pictures are surely adorable!

    Thanks for the family update too!

    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 7/13/2006 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home