The Shapiro Files

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cereal Killer

Killer CerealI had my first cereal-related injury over the weekend. While doing the dishes Sunday night, I noticed some dried Special K debris on the upper inside rim of a bowl left in the sink since that morning. While trying to scrape off the dried bits with my thumbnail, a shockingly sharp edge made its way beneath my nail and into the nether regions found therein. Needless to say, the pain was most unpleasant and I’ve had to deal with hypersensitivity on the tip of my right thumb in the days since. Even as I type this, every click on the space bar is a painfully tangible reminder of that most unfortunate incident.

I guess the moral of the story is: Always clean your cereal bowl right away because cereal can be a lethal weapon if allowed to warp in milk then dry all day. Breakfast carefully, my friends.

5 Comments:

  • So funny, thank you for the breakfast cautionary tale. Hope Special K doesn't strike again! - Susannah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2006 6:11 PM  

  • Funny Steve, thanks for the laugh (even at your poor fingers expense). Bradley does the dishes in our house and is ALWAYS telling me to rinse when I put something in the sink. Next time I put something in the sink, i'll think of your finger and rinse so that Bradley doesn't have to endure what you've had to endure!

    You brave souls!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2006 12:26 PM  

  • Who said healthy cereal was good for you? The proof is in this blog!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2006 9:10 AM  

  • Bradley had a run in with a bag of pretzels yesterday. He was crushing them up (cuz he likes to eat them that way) and one of them cut his finger!! I thought of you and thought that maybe that bag should have had a warning label on it also.

    :)

    Jody

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/31/2006 10:41 AM  

  • Ah yes, the danger of pretzels... Wow, who would have thought that Brad and GW actually have something in common? It's a small world after all. :)

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 7/31/2006 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home