The Shapiro Files

Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Countdown Begins

ClockBallyhoo tech week is here and opening night (Friday, April 8) is just a handful of evenings away. With only a little time left to the rehearsal process, I'm finding myself full of mixed emotions. Of course I'm excited to finally have a live audience to respond to what we're doing. But I'm also sad that just as soon as our play opens, our days of working together will be rapidly coming to an end. I know this is a very "glass is half empty" outlook, but I guess the reality of this possibly being my last theatrical production for some time is starting to hit me in a big way.

This feeling is intensified by the fact that this production has been about as enjoyable as anything I've ever done in theater and I'm truly going to miss these great people with whom I've been working over the past month. It's very rare to have a cast that I feel this much affection for (the last time was Blood Brothers six years ago) and I'm really dreading having to say goodbye. And if all this weren't enough, I love "being" Joe Farkas. He's the closest to me than any other character I've ever played and it's been very fulfilling performing a part so close to the vest.

So on this overcast Sunday late-afternoon, the skies outside might be turning gray. But here inside my house as I sit in front of my computer, things are more than just a little blue.

2 Comments:

  • Why thank you, kind stranger.

    By Blogger Steve Shapiro, at 4/04/2005 9:21 AM  

  • Joe Farkas (Steve),

    I wish you all the best in your performance...you are a total kosher ham and should be very confident. We will be thinking of you as you take the stage.

    On a separate note, I understand your little blue period...and hope that the delight of performance tempers your feelings of stage loss a bit :)

    Bradley

    By the way...The Egel Nest Blog is hopping...make sure to check out my four latest entires into the abyss. Give a kiss to Marcie.

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 4/05/2005 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home