The Shapiro Files

Friday, November 04, 2005

Finding The Shapiro Files

Other than knowing of a handful of regular visitors (special gratitude to Brad and Irina!), I've been very curious how people come across this little corner of cyberspace called The Shapiro Files. So for several months now, I've been using a web hit/referral tracking system to monitor traffic to my blog. Here are some highlights:
  • Most people find my blog via other blogs (again, thanks Brad and Irina!)
  • I reached an all time high in single-day traffic the day after Melody's birth
  • Of all the different search engines referrals, over 50% have been from MSN Search (who knew?)
  • About 1/4 of my visitors are Apple users
  • I get more visits on Mondays than any other day of the week
  • My average daily hit count peaks at 4:00-5:00 p.m. (maybe people make a point to check in before leaving work?)
  • Since May 23, I've had 1006 unique visitors
Here are some of the more interesting recent search engine queries that have brought people to this blog:
  • MSN Search: baby due date photos
  • MSN Search: love mix tape culture
  • MSN Search: commentary about Oprah Winfrey
  • MSN Search: psycho parody
And my very favorite...
  • Yahoo: 80's hairband playlists
It looks like I must be popular among Whitesnake and Quiet Riot fans out there. I guess you learn something new every day!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home